Working with Waypoints and the Waypoint List.
Lets load in some waypoints from file.
- Press the Load Button on the Tool Bar.
- Select the Load Waypoints From File option on the menu.
- Select the demo1.wpt file from the file open dialog.
- The waypoints will be displayed on the map.
Adding waypoints to the map
To add Waypoints graphically -
- Press the Wpt Button on the Tool Bar.
the mouse pointer will change to cross hairs.
- Position the center of the pointer over
the point where you want the Waypoint and press the Left mouse button.
Waypoint will be added in the default colors, style and symbol from the symbol set that
has been set up in configuration.
Waypoints can also be added manually by entering the position directly into a form,
this is accessed using the Waypoint List.
- Press the Show the Waypoint List button
on the Main Toolbar to display the list of
- Press the Add Button on the waypoint list form.
- Enter the properties of the new waypoint in the Add/Edit Waypoint form.
- Press the Save Button, the waypoint will be added to the
list and the map.
Note: The Waypoint List has many buttons and options to allow the user
to manipulate waypoints.
Saving Waypoints from the Map to file
- Press the Save Button on the Main Tool Bar.
- Select the Save Waypoints to File option on the menu.
- (DO NOT do this now) You will be
asked for a name to call this file, use a meaningful name as this is the name you
will use in future to select waypoints for loading.
See the Waypoint List section of the Help for an
explanation of the buttons.
See the Upload / Download Tutorial for
loading or saving waypoints to/from your GPS.
Click here for the Map Comments and Features Tutorial