- Fixed bug in ECW loading (only happened for very specific condition - size
- 3.19 - Fixed resource leak when converting .ecw images
- 3.19 - "Mem Used" parameter now includes virtual memory being used
(working set + virtual memory).
- 3.19 - The number of maps processed and number to be processed is now
- 3.19 - The current map being processed is now highlighted in the list.
- 3.18 - Fixed problem when converting BSB .kap images.
- Now creates OZF4 images, you will need to update OziExplorer,
OziExplorer3D, OziExplorerCE and OziExplorer Android to use this new image
- Added new Color Reduction methods
- Octree - lower quality but fast (the old img2ozf method).
- Median Cut - better quality, a bit slower.
- Neural Net - Excellent but slow, speed can be adjusted by using the NN
- Added ability to copy maps to folders on a disk drive.
- Fixed issue with "white" color in palette.
- 3.13 - small improvement to color reduction algorithm.
- 3.13 - Fixed issue with converting BSB KAP charts.
- 3.12 - Problem with wrong colors on converted jpg images has been fixed.
- Img2Ozf now creates large format ozfx3 image files, the new large format
ozfx3 images can be greater than 10GBytes in size.
- Faster operation.
- Low memory management implemented for png and jpg images.
- Added support for NV Digital maps - note - your Windows Mobile PDA must be connected to the PC
when the conversion is started.
Img2ozf now works different to the previous versions, it now looks for
OziExplorer .map files. It converts the image pointed to by the .map file and
creates a new .map file for the converted image. You cannot convert images
unless a .map file has been created by PC OziExplorer. The previous version simply
looked for image files.
- The image files created are now in the Ozfx3 format. OZF2 maps can be
converted but the ability to create OZF2 files is no longer supported.
- The Map List now displays the map file name (was the image file name) and
the image type.
- Added the ability to copy the converted map to the PDA (if connected).
- Added the ability to copy selected maps to the PDA (if connected).
- Added support for to convert KOMPASS maps - note - at this stage you must
be using the development version of OziExplorerCE to use the converted Kompass
- Added support for BSB4 maps - note - your PDA must be connected to the PC
when the conversion is started - at this stage you must be using the
development version of OziExplorerCE to use the converted charts, but you also
must have it to convert the BSB4 charts.
- When using a "Large Font" display setting in Windows the image thumbnail
view window was positioned incorrectly.
- Map files with more than one dot (.) in the file name were not being
- some other minor fixes.
- Improved the loading of bmp image files, RLE compressed images can now be
- Made some changes to the code so Img2ozf will run on win95 PC's without
having to install the latest version of DCOM (a Microsoft download).
- The image file list will not be filled when the program first starts. The
list can take considerable time to fill if there are a lot of files in the
"Source Image Folder". While the list is filling there is nothing shown on the
screen and users may think there is something wrong. To fill the list using
the current "Source Image Folder" press the refresh button after the program
- Images greater than 32,000 x 32,000 pixels could not be processed, this
was cause by a static variable which has now been made dynamic (so it can
grow) which has fixed
- Minor fix to the way map files are modified - under certain conditions a
map file could get a reference to the wrong image.
- The Destination and Temp folders are checked to make sure they are not on
- Images that are less than 300 pixels in both width and height cannot be
converted and would cause an error, this is now checked, they are not processed and an
error message is generated in the log.
- the black and white colors are always added to the palette when images are
resized or colors reduced, the white color was not being included, now fixed.
- The search for the map file was a little broken, it still worked but did
not search for sub-folders in the "Map File Path" correctly.
- added ascending and descending sort when the column headers are clicked
- add ozf2 file size and path to the process log
- added the ability to copy the process log to the clipboard
- The MSF factor was being written to the map file incorrectly if the
decimal separator for your country setting is a comma, now fixed.
- Fixed the popup hint for the "Number of Colors" checkbox.
- Changed the 20% zoom level to 25% - we felt that the zoom gap between 40%
and 20% was too large and 25% is a better compromise. The gap between 25% and
10% is now larger but this is not as much of a problem.
- Added a button to refresh the image list.
- Added the ability to specify the number of colors to use in the converted
- The "Map Scale factor" (MSF command) was being added to the .map files
even though the "Initial Resize" was not checked.
- other minor fixes.
- When using win 95, 98, ME and converting SID images the ozf2 files were
upside down. I have fixed this (I hope).
- Added paged support for tif files.
- The conversion log no longer pops up automatically, there is now a button
to show the log.
- Made some subtle changes to memory management to try and reduce memory
fragmentation so many very large files can be converted in the same session.
This may not work as windows controls its own virtual memory.
There has been a complete rewrite of Img2Ozf resulting in at least these changes.
- Reduced memory requirements when converting images.
- Where possible the image is paged from disk and only a few megabytes of
memory is required.
- Ability to resize an image before creating the OZF2 file.
- There is no longer the ability to select the zoom levels to be placed in
the image. Zoom levels of 75% and 50% (+ additional zoom levels) are now
generated "on the fly" by OziExplorer and OziExplorerCE. The zoom levels of
20% and below are automatically added to the image as they add very little to
the overall size.
- The ability to create OZF files is no longer supported, this format now
offers no advantages over the OZF2 format.
- 24 bit color and Grey Scale png files can now be loaded.
- Support for converting Maptech HDR (PCX) and RML charts.
- Added the ability to sharpen the zoom levels. There is a checkbox to turn
sharpen on or off.
- Fixed loading of some types of png files.
- 24 bit color tiffs can now be loaded.
- The previous version was adding image fragments to the right and bottom of the converted
ozf2 image. These additional image parts were not pleasing to look at but caused no
problems for OziExplorerCE (other than visual ones). The additional part of the image
needs to be there but is now blanked as the image is converted so it is not visible.
- The conversion of colors for some types of PNG files has finally been found and fixed (I
- Changes have been made to memory management so larger images can be converted.
- The MrSID format has been added and can be converted. You meed the OziMrSID.dll which is
available on the web site. It may be available from the development version page.
- User feedback has been added to the status line so you can see how the conversion is
- Img2ozf now has its own help.