OziExplorerCE - Installation Notes
The download links are available on the OziExplorerCE web page.
GPS / Navigator Device using the Windows CE OS
GPS / Navigators running Windows CE OS 4, 5 and 6 Core (See the GPS / Navigator Faq on our website OziExplorerCE support page for information on Navigators.)
Installation Steps - 1. Download 2. Copy the file 3. Run the program file on your device.
- Download - Download the file from the "OziExplorerCE Software" link in the Download table on the OziExplorerCE web page. (Note : that 99.9% of PND's use an ARM compatible cpu. If you know your device uses a different cpu (mips or x86), email us and we can give you a version to suit.)
- Copy - Copy the "OziExplorerCE .exe" file to the PND using a memory card in a card reader or by using Windows Explorer if the navigator is connected to the PC using Activesync/Mobile Device Centre.
- Running OziExplorerCE - Most Chinese Navigators have the ability in their setup to specify which program is run when the GPS Software option is clicked. Run the program. (Note: at startup the first time will take a little longer to load as the files are setup on your device.)
NOTE: The "OziExplorerCE .exe" downloaded is NOT run on the PC, it is run on the Windows CE navigator. (If you get an error "Not a valid Win32 Application", you are running the exe file on a PC computer, not the Windows CE device.)
PocketPC / Windows Mobile
The install file is a self extracting exe program which when run on your PC will install OziExplorer onto your PDA. If you use the wrong install file you will receive a message that the program does not support the connected device type.
- Download to your PC the installation file which matches your PocketPC type.
- Connect your PDA to the PC using ActiveSync (Windows XP) or Mobile Device Centre (Windows Vista and 7).
- Run the installation program on the PC and you will be prompted to install OziExplorerCE file to your PDA.
Early versions of Windows Vista had an issue with Mobile Device Centre and required an update to make it work correctly.
If you are not using Activesync or Mobile Device Centre to connect your PDA to the PC then you can use a program such as Winzip to extract the .cab file from the downloaded installation program. Copy the cab file to the PDA, use "File Explorer" on the PDA to click on the cab file and it will install.
For PocketPC OziExplorerCE will be installed into a folder called OziExplorer 2 on the "root" of the file system ("\OziExplorer 2"). It is suggested that you use the default to keep the file path names to a manageable length during operation of OziExplorerCE.
For PND/Navigators you must create the folder yourself, any meaningful name can be used, normally you would put OziExplorerCE on a memory card.