This page has information on specific Magellan GPS models.
You can still use OziExplorer with the Triton by using the Magellan VantagePoint software.
VantagePoint can read and write gpx files and so can OziExplorer. So by the use of gpx files you can move the data between OziExplorer, VantagePoint and the gps.
In VantagePoint the options are available by clicking on the VP logo on the top left of the software (you use the Open and Save menu options to load to and from VP).
To transfer data from OziExplorer to VantagePoint, use the "Export to GPX (Wps and Tracks)" option on the Save Menu to save the data in GPX format.
To load data from VantagePoint to OziExplorer, use the "Import GPX File (Wps and Tracks)" option on the Load Menu to load the GPX file.
OziExplorer cannot communicated directly with the Crossover but should be able to read / write data files to the SD Card which has been removed from the GPS and placed in a card reader connected to the PC.
The following information has been posted on the OziExplorer user group.
- "Been playing around with OziExplorer and the new Magellan CrossoverGPS. Here are some observations so far:
- First off, no moving map. The CrossoveGPS appears as a windows CE device to windows, no opportunity to get a NMEA data stream from it.
- You can transfer waypoints, routes and tracks to and from the CrossoverGPS via the SD card. In Outdoor mode, there are options to import and export data to and from the SD card.
- These files on the SD card can then be read and written from within OziExplorer (from the options on the Magellan Menu). You do need to access the SD card directly so you must have an SD reader/writer on your PC.
- You need to set up OziExplorer with GPS type set to "Magellan USB".
- Haven't found out details yet of the CrossoverGPS in terms of max waypoints, max track length etc. Asked but no answer from Magellan yet.
- If you wish to use your waypoints in Vehicle Nav mode of the Crossover GPS, you need to save them as Favourites in your Address book in Outdoor Mode then they are accessible from Vehicle Nav mode."