for GPS Navigators (with Windows CE Mobile and Core O/S)
Mapping and Real Time Tracking Software
This is the official web page for the OziExplorerCE GPS
Mapping Software which will work with most GPS receivers for real time tracking of GPS position (Moving Map).
21st October 2015
|| "Course Up" map rotation
3D perspective view
Information on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7/8 and Symbian O/S - click here.
- GPS / PND's - running wince core versions 4,5
and 6. See our PND FAQ
- PocketPC - Windows Mobile 6 and 6.5 Classic and Professional. WM6
Standard (for phones with small non-touch screens is not supported)
- PocketPC - Windows Mobile 5
- PocketPC - (Windows Mobile 2003) PC2003 (CE version 4.2+)
- PocketPC - PC2002 (CE version 3.0+)
- PocketPC - PC2000 (CE version 3.0+)
ARM , MIPS , SH3 , SH4 , and Intel PXA2xx cpu's (Xscale) are supported for all platforms where applicable.
OziExplorerCE will not run on
- PDA's using Windows CE version 1.
- Smartphones (or any PDA) which have a non-touch screen.
- Palm Pilots and any other PDA not using the Pocket PC / Windows CE operating system.
- Palm Sized PC's (older Windows CE based PDA's)
- Handheld PC's with CE version 2.00 and 2.11
Note - No useable maps are provided
with OziExplorerCE, only example maps.
OziExplorerCE is moving map software for PocketPC's and Window CE PND
which use the WinCE core operating system. It
uses raster map images which are either scanned or purchased in digital format.
It allows you to track your position received from a GPS on a map (moving map).
OziExplorerCE is not automatic route planning software, you cannot request the best way to get
from point A to point B, the types of maps OziExplorerCE uses do not allow this. However OziExplorerCE will allow you to create your own routes on the
map and navigate along those.
The design philosophy is you plan your trip using the full PC OziExplorer on you PC and
then transfer your waypoints and other data to your PDA for use by OziExplorerCE.
OziExplorerCE runs on PocketPC and Windows CE GPS / PND's but it relies on map
calibrations etc to be provided by the full PC version of OziExplorer, in this respect OziExplorerCE can be considered an add-on to the full Oziexplorer software, you also need
the full OziExplorer to calibrate maps, plan trips by adding waypoints etc.
The unregistered OziExplorerCE will work with the unregistered OziExplorer
but the limitations of both packages will apply.
To get the full use of OziExplorerCE you
must have a full purchased copy of OziExplorerCE and a full purchased copy of PC
There is a detailed list of
- Uses almost any map which can be created by the PC version of OziExplorer.
- Moving map navigation using any GPS providing NMEA output in one of the supported
- Design the screens used in OziExplorerCE using the PC based designer
- Course Up Mode.
- 3D Perspective View Mode.
- Automatic loading of the next map.
- Automatic Route prompting with user created routes (voice and symbol).
- Create Route on screen using the stylus.
- Check for more detailed map at a set interval.
- 5 user tracks can be loaded
- Tracks can be created on the map using the stylus
- Logging of Track points to file.
- Create Waypoint at current position * Create Waypoints using the Stylus.
- Drag Map Objects to new position.
- Many Map Zoom levels.
- Various Position display formats.
- On screen display of Speed and Bearing.
- Speed Monitor (plays sounds (wav files) when set speeds exceeded).
- Display Waypoints on the map.
- Find Maps at cursor position.
- Name Search * Log Book
- Satellite View * Map View
- + much, much more.
- All Windows CE based GPS / Navigators /PND's now available have a built in GPS.
- Maps of your particular area of the world which you can scan or purchase
in digital format which can be converted to the ozf4 format. Map images in
the ECW format can be used without conversion. See
the "Using Maps in CE" page for more
- To convert maps to the ozf4 format, a
conversion utility called Img2Ozf is available for download from this web
site. The ozf4 is a
special format developed for use in OziExplorerCE (details are in the
Img2Ozf help document). The
format allows paging of the image from disk and therefore requires little memory for image
- Note - No useable maps are provided with OziExplorerCE, only example maps.
OziExplorerCE does not support any vector map formats.
OziExplorerCE Version 2.42c (fixed issue main
Toolbar not showing) -
This download is for new installations, upgrades and
evaluation before purchase.
If you are upgrading from a previous version please read "History of Changes"
This is a trial / evaluation version with restrictions until
This is what you need
- You must download the installation file to suit your particular
GPS / Navigator Type.
- OziExplorerCE Screen Designer. (See below for information about the
- You must also download the Img2Ozf program (essential)
to convert your map images - see the Map
Requirements section above.
For more information about
Img2Ozf and download click here.
Any issues found with program operation
please report them to
GPS Navigator Type
File to Download
To Install - download
the file and run it to install. Installation Notes
|GPS / Navigators running
Windows CE OS 4, 5 and 6
There are many Chinese made Navigators available on eBay and
other places which can run OziExplorerCE.
If you have a device which uses a x86 or mips CPU (very rare)
please contact us for a special download link.
This is the download that is most likely needed to run OziExplorerCE on a
Navigator. We refer to these as a wince core arm device.
|The GPS / Navigators which
use the WinCE "Core" OS may be devices which are dedicated to particular
tasks such as running specific navigation software.
1. Download the file and manually copy it to the
or Memory card using windows explorer.
2. Configure your navigator
to run the program - most Chinese Navigators have the ability in their setup to specify which
program is run when the GPS Software option is clicked.
Funtrek / Endura
|Holux Funtrek 130 / 132
If you have one of these devices there are special
versions of OziExplorerCE to support the special features these devices
Device specific versions
Click here to download these Versions
Windows Mobile and Pocket PC
|Windows Mobile 5, 6 and 6.5 Pocket PC's.
Pocket PC 2003
Pocket PC 2000 and Pocket PC 2002
These devices are no longer manufactured
but OziExplorerCE will run on the older devices.
Device specific versions
Click here to download Pocket PC Versions
|The "Windows Mobile Classic" (Pocket PC) and "Professional"
(Pocket PC with Phone) Operating System versions are supported. The "Windows
Mobile Standard" version (for small non-touch screen phones) is not
OziExplorerCE Screen Designer
The Screen Designer can be used by the user to design or
modify the screens displayed by OziExplorerCE
One of the features of OziExplorerCE is the ability to display
many different screens by paging through them, these screens can be designed on
the PC by use the "OziExplorerCE Screen Designer" program.
OziExplorerCE allows the commands performed by the hardware
buttons (Pocket PC's only) and OziExplorerCE Screen Control
buttons to be configured by the user. This is done by the Screen Designer
program which runs on a PC.
Download OziExplorerCE Screen
Designer (version 2.36) - works with OziExplorerCE version 2.42 and above.
to view a YouTube video of OziExplorerCE in use. In the video the
OziExplorerCE screens/pages have been designed using the OziExplorerCE Screen Designer.
OziExplorerCE can be purchased using the Buy Now option on the left
hand menu of the web page.
These are the limitations of the Trial / Evaluation version.
- Moving map mode (communication with the GPS) will only remain active for 20 mins each
time OziExplorerCE is run and then 10 mins after that (until restarted). At the end of
these times a dialog will be displayed and communication will be deactivated.
- A watermark using the text "TRIAL" will be drawn onto the map.
Other than for the restrictions mentioned above, the evaluation version works
exactly the same as the purchased version.
hits since October 2001
Home ] [
OziExplorer ] [
OziExplorerCE ] [
OziExplorer3D ] [
Purchasing ] [
Maps ] [
Utilities ] [
Support ] [
Links ] [
Future Changes ] [
Information ] [
Australian Page ] [
Site Map ]