for Windows CE Mobile / Core
Mapping and Real Time Tracking Software
This is the official web page for the OziExplorerCE GPS
Mapping Software which will work with most GPS receivers for real time tracking of GPS position (Moving Map).
1st February 2013
|| "Course Up" map rotation
3D perspective view
Information on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7 and
Symbian O/S - click here.
- Handhelds / PNA's / PND's - CE.net core versions 4,5
and 6. See our PND FAQ
- PocketPC - Windows Mobile 6 and 6.5 Classic and Professional. WM6
Standard (for phones with small non-touch screens is not supported)
- PocketPC - Windows Mobile 5
- PocketPC - (Windows Mobile 2003) PC2003 (CE version 4.2+)
- PocketPC - PC2002 (CE version 3.0+)
- PocketPC - PC2000 (CE version 3.0+)
ARM , MIPS , SH3 , SH4 , and Intel PXA2xx cpu's (Xscale) are supported for all platforms where applicable.
OziExplorerCE will not run on
- PDA's using Windows CE version 1.
- Smartphones (or any PDA) which have a non-touch screen.
- Palm Pilots and any other PDA not using the Pocket PC / Windows CE operating system.
- Palm Sized PC's (older Windows CE based PDA's)
- Handheld PC's with CE version 2.00 and 2.11
Note - No useable maps are provided
with OziExplorerCE, only example maps.
OziExplorerCE is moving map software for PocketPC's and Window CE PDA's
which use the WinCE core operating system. It
uses raster map images which are either scanned or purchased in digital format.
It allows you to track your position received from a GPS on a map (moving map).
OziExplorerCE is not automatic route planning software, you cannot request the best way to get
from point A to point B, the types of maps OziExplorerCE uses do not allow this. However OziExplorerCE will allow you to create your own routes on the
map and navigate along those.
The design philosophy is you plan your trip using the full PC OziExplorer on you PC and
then transfer your waypoints and other data to your PDA for use by OziExplorerCE.
OziExplorerCE runs on PocketPC and Windows CE PDA/PND's but it relies on map
calibrations etc to be provided by the full PC version of OziExplorer, in this respect OziExplorerCE can be considered an add-on to the full Oziexplorer software, you also need
the full OziExplorer to calibrate maps, plan trips by adding waypoints etc.
The unregistered OziExplorerCE will work with the unregistered OziExplorer
but the limitations of both packages will apply.
To get the full use of OziExplorerCE you
must have a full purchased copy of OziExplorerCE and a full purchased copy of PC
There is a detailed list of
- Uses almost any map which can be created by the PC version of OziExplorer.
- Moving map navigation using any GPS providing NMEA output in one of the supported
- Design the screens used in OziExplorerCE using the PC based designer
- Course Up Mode.
- 3D Perspective View Mode.
- Automatic loading of the next map.
- Automatic Route prompting with user created routes (voice and symbol).
- Create Route on screen using the stylus.
- Check for more detailed map at a set interval.
- 5 user tracks can be loaded
- Tracks can be created on the map using the stylus
- Logging of Track points to file.
- Create Waypoint at current position * Create Waypoints using the Stylus.
- Drag Map Objects to new position.
- Many Map Zoom levels.
- Various Position display formats.
- On screen display of Speed and Bearing.
- Speed Monitor (plays sounds (wav files) when set speeds exceeded).
- Display Waypoints on the map.
- Find Maps at cursor position.
- Name Search * Log Book
- Satellite View * Map View
- + much, much more.
- For real time navigation almost any GPS receiver with NMEA 0183 output of the GPRMC or
GGA or GLL sentence. These include an GPS built into the PDA, an external GPS connected to the PDA serial port, a
Compact Flash or SD GPS plugged into a compact flash or
SD slot, or a Bluetooth GPS connected to a bluetooth enabled PDA.
- For an external GPS, a special cable or an adapter to connect the standard
PDA serial cable to the standard GPS serial cable
is required. A diagram of how to wire this adapter is in the GPS FAQ.
- Maps of your particular area of the world which you can scan or purchase
in digital format which can be converted to the ozfx3 format. Map images in
the ECW format can be used without conversion on PDA's with ARM cpu's. See
the "Using Maps in CE" page for more
- To convert maps to the ozfx3 format, a
conversion utility called Img2Ozf is available for download from this web
site. The ozfx3 is a
special format developed for use in OziExplorerCE (details are in the
Img2Ozf help document). The
format allows paging of the image from disk and therefore requires little memory for image
- Note - No useable maps are provided with OziExplorerCE, only example maps.
OziExplorerCE does not support any vector map formats.
OziExplorerCE Version 2.40 -
Download for new installations, upgrades and
If you are upgrading from a previous version please read "History of Changes"
This is an evaluation version with restrictions until
This is what you need
- You must download the installation file to suit your particular
- OziExplorerCE Screen Designer. (See below for information about the
- You must also download the Img2Ozf program (essential)
to convert your map images - see the Map
Requirements section above.
For more information about
Img2Ozf and download click here.
Any issues found with program operation
please report them to
File to Download
To Install - download
the file and run it to install. Installation Notes
|Windows Mobile 5, 6 and 6.5 Pocket PC's.
||The "Windows Mobile Classic" (Pocket PC) and "Professional"
(Pocket PC with Phone) Operating System versions are supported. The "Windows
Mobile Standard" version (for small non-touch screen phones) is not
|Pocket PC 2003
||Pocket PC's using Windows CE 4
|Pocket PC 2000 and Pocket PC 2002
for ARM and ARM compatible cpu's
for MIPS cpu's
for SH3/SH4 cpu's
|Pocket PC's using Windows CE 3
|PND/Navigators's running Windows CE OS 4, 5
and 6 Core
There are many Chinese made Navigators available on eBay and
other places which can run OziExplorerCE.
Any unlocked navigation device using Windows CE core will
use this version.
( Not for Pocket PC's )
for ARM and ARM compatible cpu's (most navigators use an ARM compatible cpu
so in almost all cases this is the one to choose)
for MIPS cpu's
for X86 cpu's
|The PND/Navigators which use the WinCE "Core" OS may be devices which are
dedicated to particular tasks such as running specific navigation software.
be information available on the internet on how to unlock some of these
devices and install software on the device.
Unzip the files into a folder on your PC and manually copy them to a PND/Navigator
or Memory card using windows explorer.
||Holux Funtrek 130 / 132
Holux Funtrek 130/132
The Holux Funtrek 130 GPS (and the 130 Pro, 132) system use Windows CE as
the Operating System and can run OziExplorerCE. The Funtrek 130/132 is sold by Holux and in Australia
(and possibly the UK) with
a memory-map label, and in Europe with the Smartmaps label.
The Lowrance Endura range of GPS systems use Windows CE as
the Operating System and can run OziExplorerCE.
OziCE Screen Designer
One of the features of the new version is the ability to display
many different screens by paging through them, these screens can be designed on
the PC by use the "OziExplorerCE Screen Designer" program.
OziExplorerCE allows the commands performed by the hardware
buttons (Pocket PC's and Palm PC's only) and OziExplorerCE Screen Control
buttons to be configured by the user. This is done by the Screen Designer
program which runs on a PC.
Download OziExplorerCE Screen
Designer (version 2.35) - works with OziExplorerCE version 2.35 and above.
to view a YouTube video of OziExplorerCE in use. In the video the
OziExplorerCE screens/pages have been designed using the OziCE Screen Designer.
These are the limitations of the Evaluation version.
- Moving map mode (communication with the GPS) will only remain active for 20 mins each
time OziExplorerCE is run and then 10 mins after that (until restarted). At the end of
these times a dialog will be displayed and communication will be deactivated.
- A watermark using the text "Demo Version" will be drawn onto the map.
Other than for the restrictions mentioned above, the evaluation version works
exactly the same as the purchased version.
For software to perform upload/download of waypoints routes and tracks
between your GPS and PDA have a look at the link to G7ToCE on our Links page.
OziCE API Documentation
hits since October 2001
Home ] [
OziExplorer ] [
OziExplorerCE ] [
OziExplorer3D ] [
Purchasing ] [
Maps ] [
Utilities ] [
Support ] [
Links ] [
Future Changes ] [
Information ] [
Australian Page ] [
Site Map ]